Monday, November 30, 2009

My Hair Story.

Boycotting against the chemicals
20 weeks in
And I'm already waist deep in the struggle

Coexisting rivalries fighting for a savior
Everyone wants me to choose a side
Straight moral conformity vs. rebellious curly exotica

Thought I could hide behind flat irons
But I couldn't take the heat
Combs turned to fingers
To ease detangling growing pains

I'm trading in the sulfates and blow dryers
For butters and creams
In my sable S-curled dreams
That my family can't understand

I want to let the ignorance grow out.

And before I let the scissors take siege,
I want to know the real me.

3 comments:

Wonder Man said...

it gets better, be free

Little Miss Knobody said...

Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

lol...dis is cute...all too real..ugh cuz thats sooo hard to stick with!