Monday, November 30, 2009

What She(a) Did for Me.

shea 2


shea 1


Yes, I am convinced that shea butter would be a woman in human form because it's smooth, soft, and there is no hardness when she's resting against my skin.

I probably saw raw shea butter for the first time when my friend let me use some about a year ago. It smelled odd to me and made my hands shiny. I've probably had my $6 16 oz. tub for about a month now and I feel like it's one of the best investments I've ever made in my life. Here's why:

1. A little bit goes a long way. Cliche, but true. Seriously, I probably need my single fingerprint span for my hair and hands (respectively). Perhaps a little more for my feet though.

2. It lasts forever (in a day). No reapplying multiple times a day like lotion. Matter of fact, I'm never using lotion again (at least from the neck down).

3. Great for multitasking. You can use it on your hair, skin, and nails! Mix it with some oils and you get a bomb moisturizer. Melt it and use it in your deep conditioners. Apply it to a burn or a dark spot every day and it goes away. I guess the only thing you can't do is eat it.

Once I'm rich, I'll be buying in bulk.

For those who are looking for something more natural for their hair and skin, I highly recommend her. She will not let you down.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Am I the friend???