Monday, December 22, 2008

Forgive me first love...

So Alex and I were briefly discussing online dating last night, and I instantly thought of my first love. I was 16, a junior in high school. I remember writing love letters to him in my AP English class. We had a strong connection. At that age, I was just a girl: overlooked and ignored. He knew exactly who I was and never had to set foot before me. That's right. My first love was purely emotional. He lived in Chicago while I resided in Virginia. I already knew my parents wouldn't understand (they're still anti-meeting/getting to know people online), so seeing him was out of the question. Regardless, it was my first relationship experience that builded my love of romance. We still keep in touch today, yet we both lead busy lives. Even though the feelings I felt almost four years ago (Jan. 11, 2005) have evolved into a precious friendship, I will always remember...

(will edit this later)

No comments: