Saturday, January 17, 2009

Biggie Biggie Biggie...

Every hip-hop head (or at least anyone who was at least an 80's baby) knew that a part of history was made in the movie Notorious. I actually didn't think I was going to go see it, but I decided to go with my friends anyway. Of course it was engaging. I didn't recite every line along with the other viewers, but I liked it. We all knew hiw the movie was going to end, but I learned a lot in the process. I remember watching Behind the Music with B.I.G. back when that show still existed (lol).

It still surprises me that they picked Naturi out of all people to rep Lil' Kim, but regardless, she'll always be known as the reject member of the group 3LW (at least to me and all past and present 3L-dub fans out there). I recently read an interview with the real Lil' Kim and apparently none of the writers contacted her concerning her knowledge and relationship with Biggie. That does seem pretty shady, so I wonder how authentic her "jump-off" status really was in the movie.

As for Faith Evans, I need to listen to her first album. She was the truth back in the day and I was too young to understand that truth. I heard some of her album last semester and I feel like it should be in my collection.

The film's Diddy was quite funny. But of course, as long as the real Sean Combs was executive producer, he knew that his actor would portray the hell out of him, dances and all.

So everyone should be used to the fact that Angela Bassett always plays the mother role, and we're happy with that.

Overall, the experience was great. I was tipsy in the beginning and ended up in the right mind by the end of the movie. That's what counts I guess.

No comments: