Saturday, January 3, 2009

I want to live.

No more poetry for tonight/today.

My sister and I are in Tennessee for the weekend with my aunt and uncle. It's a completely different life than what I'm used to in Virginia. My uncle is a plastic surgeon and my aunt helps with the expansion of his offices, so they're definitely living a life of luxury. We went in Opry Mills mall yesterday. It's definitely one of the biggest malls I've ever seen. I wonder how it compares to Potomac Mills and the Williamsburg outlets in VA. Later we're getting our hair done, mani/pedis, and massages. Yeah, my aunt is squeezing a lot into this weekend and we'll be taking home a lot of souvenirs.

Meanwhile, I've been thinking about what I want to do after life at Hampton. I'm going to find out about this Teach for America program. One of my friends is set on doing it and it sounds like a good deal. If I decide to do it, I think I'd want to teach in North Carolina. I've never been before (with the exception of ending up there after getting lost because we were looking for a strawberry field lol), but I've heard it's nice. I'll have to get more info out of my NC friends. I would love to live somewhere new after graduating. I've been in VA for too long. I need to expand my horizons.

This poetry challenge has only been going on for a few days and I'm surprised with the results. I'm coming up with lines and topics out of nowhere at a faster rate. I already know that I'm going to be a better poet/writer after this. Sometimes it's just as easy as writing about whatever comes to mind. We'll see how I'll feel by mid-month.

I'm not sure when I'll be back up here. I can't stand the desktop at home. I should be getting my laptop back before I go back to school next weekend. Until then, I'll try to record my challenge here. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

riva. said...

Teach for America!
Alright now.
I'm definitley interested in doing the same. I hear the benefits are excellent.

-riv-
www.rivaflowz.blogspot.com
poetry, music & more.