Friday, January 23, 2009

My favorite day: Friday.

Today's meet/cypher was pretty cool, even though it started a bit late. We basically introduced ourselves and shared poetry. We had four themes to choose from: Black Wall Street, Juke Joint/Party, HBCU (postives and/or negatives), and Black Love. Guess which topic got the most hits. I shared the Bass Swing poem, which is now officially named Music Appreciation. The bestie thought it was beautiful.

There were a lot of fresh faces at the cypher, and everyone seems to have great potential. I'm excited. Friday will officially be my favorite day since we'll be meeting every week. Plus cyphers inspire me to write not too long afterwards (see last blog).

Tonight should be okay. Gonna spend a money-free night with a good friend.

That is all.

No comments: