Monday, January 19, 2009

Music randoms.

I doubt that most of you will remember way back when I mentioned how certain songs trigger memories. I feel like sharing a few since one randomly popped up just now.

1. "I'll Take You On" by Howie Day (currently playing) - This was playing during my first "not-so-innocent" kiss, which occurred before Ring Dance in high school. I was in my boyfriend's car and we were listening to the mixtape I made him. We were both highly inexperienced in that area, so we were just sitting there awkwardly until he asked me if I wanted to "open-mouth kiss." It wasn't cute or hot or anything. After that night, neither of us tried that again. At that point of my life, I didn't mind anyway.

2. "Hero" by Mariah Carey - It's a shame that this was playing after my boyfriend at the time broke up with me. We were both sitting in silence and started singing it a bit.

3. "Sexual Healing" by Marvin Gaye - Unfortunately, this song was playing at the same time as the former. Totally inappropriate. (Note: no mixtape of mine was playing this time)

4. "VIP" by Jamie Foxx - I hated his cd (mostly) when I first heard it. A handful of years later, I ended up kissing a girl for the first time while this was playing and it's been on my playlist ever since. One of the best first kisses I've had so far. I was in her car and I was consistently hinting towards going further with her, but she eventually said that she was shy when it came to making the first move (quite ironic considering she got at me in the first place), so I leaned toward her cheek and she sealed the deal. I need more kisses like that in my life. *sigh*


I hope this satisfied your curious palate. Man that last one...damn.

No comments: